Extensive In-Person Teaching Experience
Over the past 14 years, HBD has taught thousands of students of all ages on multiple instruments!
Over 8+ Million YouTube Views
With over 55,000 subscribers and 8 million YouTube channel views... you can trust that HBD has the most accurate tabs around.
Lessons That Are FUN
Don't want to learn the same old banjo tunes? No problem. HBD is an expert at making custom lessons to fit your needs.
The Beginner Package
A few months of practice the price of 1 lesson.
- Includes "Ready To Roll", "Strummin", "Winston Style" and the Beginner Tab Pack.
- 4 Complete PDF eBooks with videos.
- Download instantly. Compatible with Mac and PC.
"Ready To Roll" includes:
- Over 6 Months Worth of Material For an Absolute Beginner.
- Over 100+ Examples.
- Beginning and Intermediate Chords and Chord Progressions.
- 16 Essential Roll Patterns Shown With Upclose Camera Angles.
- Etudes in the Style of Mumford & Sons.
- Fancy Banjo Techniques Like Slides, Hammer Ons, and Pull Offs.
- 7 Classic Banjo Tunes Arranged by HBD Himself including "Cripple Creek" and "Amazing Grace".
"Winston Style" includes:
- 4-6 Months Worth of Material For an Intermediate Player.
- Over 100+ Examples.
- How to play major, minor, and diminished chords across the neck.
- How to play every chord in every key.
- Example chord solos in the Style of Mumford & Sons.
- Over 40+ examples.
- 2-3 Months Worth of Material For A Beginner/Intermediate Player.
- Examples can be applied to banjo, guitar, mandolin, and ukelele.
- Includes 8th note strumming pattens, 16th note strumming patterns, and swing-feel strumming patterns.
The Beginner Tab Pack includes:
- "Blister In The Sun" - Violent Femmes
- "Come As You Are" - Nirvana
- "Fix You" - Coldplay
- "Free Fallin" - Tom Petty
- "Imagine" - John Lennon
- "Island In The Sun" - Weezer
- "Just Breathe" - Pearl Jam
- "Like A Rolling Stone" - Bob Dylan
- "Otherside" - Red Hot Chili Peppers
- "Pachelbel's Canon" - Johann Pachelbel
- "Wake Me Up When September Ends" - Green Day
- "What I Got" - Sublime
- "What's My Age Again?" - Blink-182
- "Where Rainbows Never Die" - The SteelDrivers
- "Wonderwall" - Oasis
“HBD is a great teacher! In this book, he really helped me understand music theory, which is something I've always wanted to learn. After reading this book, I feel like I know my banjo way more than I did before! I was playing for about 5 months before getting this book, so this book is a great stepping stone for beginners looking to improve!"
"This book really took me to the next level in my banjo playing. I learned so many finger picking styles I never thought possible, and the amount of scales in this book will keep you busy for weeks and even months! This is a must-have book for anyone who just needs that little push to become the player they always wanted to."
"HBD is banjo gold. All of his books, videos, tabs, and instructions are the best. Has likely singlehandedly turned hundreds on to the banjo, and convinced hundreds of others to start playing again."
“I wasted some money on two books prior to this, after buying this I was up and picking real music right away. These books were far superior to the ones I picked up at the music store. Plus you get the accompanying video. HBD clearly has a passion for banjo and we are the benefactors with such great learning material. These materials are a great value. Thank you HBD!”
“I've been taking private lessons for a couple months and in one night using this I swear I sound my best! Very easy to read tabs. The skill progression is spot on. Love the product, thanks Dude!"
The Dead South "In Hell I'll Be In Good Company"
Best banjo riff ever? Play this modern classic today.►
Start your banjo journey here.
Take your technique to the next level.